Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sewing for Bushfire Impacted Animals
Join Meagan for a guided sewing session making items for bushfire impacted animals. Students will be assisted with making joey pouches, kangaroo hanging bags and bat wraps.
IF THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO AVAILABLE SESSIONS:
For self-guided sewing enthusiasts, you can use our machines & equipment during our Open Studio Hours - click here for times.
Thread Den has all the equipment necessary and threads.
We do not have enough appropriate fabrics (please bring fabrics). Appropriate fabrics are 100% natural fibres, no synthetics or polyesters, no glitter or metallic prints. Breathability and softness is essential. Consider going through your linen cupboard for old natural fibre sheets.
Liners should be 100% natural fibres: cotton, bamboo, linen – blends and styles of these are OK but no polyester, synthetics or fabrics that have plastic or glitter. Any print is fine! Breathability and softness are the priority: think about what you would put next to a baby’s bare skin. Wool cannot be used for a pouch liner.
Image sourced from ABC News - Ryan Pollock
- Skills to make items for bush fire impacted animals
- Instruction to make items for bush fire impacted animals
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Please bring 100% natural fabrics (see notes)
All skill levels
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/