Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Old School Crochet : a heart shaped doily
Learn just the crochet essentials to make a heart shaped doily featuring the pineapple stitch. In our Old School Crochet workshops we are going to make some crochet classics. We'll stick to what you need to know just for that project.
The heart shaped doily is not a first-time-crocheter's project.
This project works in rows, uses double crochets and treble crochets and a combination of stitches to form shells.
You should already know how to make a slip knot, chain stitch, slip stitch and double/treble crochet stitch. We'll definitely cover a refresher of all these in class, but if you have no idea what we're talking about, you should check out one of these workshops instead:
- An intro workshop is also a great way to get a refresher and reignite your passion for hooking. We have an intro to Granny Squares and an Intro to Chevron Blankets Workshop - click here.
- If you want a more comprehensive understanding of crochet that explains all its nuances, book our "Crochet Basics for Beginners Course" - click here.
- Crochet an old school heart doily
- Featuring the pineapple stitch
- Understand both a written pattern and pattern chart
- A heart doily made by you!
- Class notes covering everything learnt
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 1 x ball of 4ply yarn
- 3mm crochet hook
Suitable for students with some crochet experience
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/