Buy a Gift Voucher
Unisex Bomber Jacket Sewing Course ✄✄
Including tips & tricks to a reversible bomber!
Learn to make a bomber jacket over 10 hours. Choose contrast fabrics for the sleeves to create a traditional bomber, suiting fabrics for a super slick look or go glam with brocade or satin.
We also run this course online! ✨Click here to check out the live stream course.
With a full lining, cuffs, waistband, neckband, POCKETS and open-ended zip this is a project ideal for tackling with a teacher's support. For an easier level; choose stable woven fabrics that are not silky or stretchy. If you are ready for a challenge; select a satiny lining and trickier fabrics for your jacket. If you can source a reversible zip, you can even make your bomber jacket completely reversible!
Build your confidence and learn these skills;
- Taking your measurements and selecting your size
- Laying out pattern pieces on fabric, lining, interfacing and rib-knit
- Cutting technique, and transferring pattern markings
- Fusing interfacing
- Inserting an open-ended zip and tips for consistent results
- Setting in sleeves
- Use overlockers to finish fabric raw edges and seams
- Bagging out a lining
- Attaching knit cuffs, collar and waistband
We've also filled a Pinterest board with bomber jacket ideas - click here.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- A reversible or fully lined sleeve
- An intermediate level pattern that is ideal for tackling with a teacher's support
- How handle ribbing and sew an open ended zip
- A reversible bomber jacket
- Tuition to make this sewing pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 1 metre of main fabric, and .6 metres of contrasting sleeve fabric
- 1.6 metres of lining fabric and .4 metres of rib knit scuba or Ponte for cuffs etc
- Matching sewing machine thread and a 45cm separating zip (we have some supplier recommendations in your confirmation email)
✄✄ Intermediate Sewing Star: This sewing thing is really growing on you! You can follow a suggested layout and have now worked with a variety of woven fabrics, maybe even your first knits. You've stepped up to using patterns for simple garments like basic skirts, pants and tops. You've sewn a dart, inserted a basic zip and have finished edges with an overlocker.
Suggested suppliers for separating zips and reversible separating zips are included in your confirmation email.
See Terms & Conditions.
Taking part in a workshop at Thread Den is fun and we love teaching people our craft, but here we have to get serious for a moment:
It is your responsibility to clear your diary for the booking you've made - especially if there are multiple sessions in your course. If you want to finish your project(s), you need to attend all workshops. You'll also need to arrive on time. We can't start again because it just isn't fair to your fellow participants.
Allow us this indulgence for a second, our workshops and courses - they are usually sold out weeks in advance. It isn't a quick switch to pop you into another workshop. If we have an appropriate session where you can attend to keep going, we will try to offer you a discounted space. If that isn't possible, you will need to book a private lesson to stay on track (the minimum cost is NM -$144 or M -$119.52).
We also won't follow you up to check that you are coming along to class and/or that you have the right supplies for your class. Almost every workshop will require you to bring along your supplies, for some workshops we sell a supplies kit at an additional cost - but not for all. If you are unsure about what you need, just shoot us an email - email@example.com . We also want you to learn and love what you make as much as possible, please carefully consider the fabrics we recommend that you use. If you choose a fabric that is suited to a more advanced level you aren't going to enjoy your experience.
We've tried to answer any questions you could have in the workshop description, but again, don't hesitate to email us for any further details or with any queries. We loooove to see that fabric you are thinking of using and sending you off to some of our favourite fabric and habby suppliers.
Thanks for sticking with us and reading through these annoying details. Here's the stuff that is often hidden behind an *asterisk* or in teeeeenie little print:
- All refunds are subject to a 25% administration fee.
- Refunds will only be processed back to the original method of payment.
- Refunds are processed as soon as practicable. While Thread Den’s part of the process should be undertaken within three days of notice, the combination of the bookings platform and your banking institution’s processes will also influence the exact amount of time taken for you to receive the refund.
Transferring Your Booking
- If you wish to transfer your booking to another workshop we require at least four days notice prior to the start date of your original workshop/course booking.
- Bookings without date changes can be transferred to another person without incurring any penalties.
- Changes to your workshop or the commencement date (within all other terms listed here) will incur a $10 administration fee.
- Changes to your booking date will not reset the four day notice period.
- If you feel unwell, do not attend your workshop. With the supply of a medical certificate or COVID-19 testing referral covering the date of your workshop, you will be able to transfer your booking without incurring any penalties.
- Your safety is our priority, we reserve the right to make decisions if necessary to preserve the safety of all.
- In the event of a medical emergency, we may have to seek ambulance services on your behalf and at your expense.
- Classes are subject to sufficient enrolment numbers (usually this is 3 participants).
- We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled course. In the event of a cancellation, students will be notified two days before the scheduled start date and refunds will be provided.
This policy can be viewed on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/