Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Guys & Girls Bomber Jackets ✄✄
Learn to make a bomber jacket over 10 hours. Choose contrast fabrics for the sleeves to create a traditional bomber, suiting fabrics for a super slick look or go glam with brocade or satin.
With a full lining, cuffs, waist band, neckband, POCKETS and open ended zip this is a project ideal for tackling with a teacher's support. For an easier level; choose stable woven fabrics that are not silky or stretchy. If you are ready for a challenge; select a satiny lining and trickier fabrics for your jacket. If you can source a reversible zip, you can even make your bomber jacket completely reversible!
While you are dreaming up how you will style your bomber jacket, check out this great article on the McCalls Blog with ideas on choosing fabrics, ribbing and zips for a variety of different looks - click here. We've also filled a pinterest board with bomber jacket ideas - click here.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab the Thread Den Membership and save! Click here to read more.
- A fully lined sleeve
- An intermediate level pattern that is ideal for tackling with a teacher's support
- How handle ribbing and sew an open ended zip
- A bomber jacket
- Tuition to make this sewing pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 1 metre of main fabric, and .6 metres of contrasting sleeve fabric
- 1.6 metres of lining fabric and .4 metres of rib knit skuba or ponte for cuffs etc
- Matching sewing machine thread and a 55cm open ended zip
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our Simple A Line Skirt or PJ Pants
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/