Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
How to Identify Fabrics
Do you love to buy fabric from op shops, markets and swap it with friends and family? But now you aren't sure what fibre content it is made of and what fabric it has been made into.
In this 2 hour workshop learn about fabric history, production and environmental impacts. Start to build your own fabric identification resource. Get to know your fabrics: wovens, non-woven and knits, how they are made and the most common weave structures. Learn how to work out has it been made from synthetic fibres or natural? Take your fabric knowledge to the next level and discover what to look for when conducting a burn test.
Optional - bring along a pattern and the fabric for your next project to discuss its suitability.
- Understanding fibres and conducting burn tests
- Getting know weaves and fabric types
- Selecting the right fabric for your project
- A template to start building your own fabric identification resource
- An understanding of how to conduct a burn test
- How to assess fabric
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Bring along fabric from your stash you want to identify
- Bring along patterns you want to discuss choosing fabric for
Everyone! This is relevant to all sewing levels
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/