Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Bra Making Course ✄✄✄
This as been a long time in development, one of our most requested courses - BRA MAKING!
Take this course at two levels and course lengths!
- 16 hour course: Students make a toile bra first and learn pattern adjustments before cutting into their fabulous final bra fabric. The first two additional workshops are quite fast paced.
- 8 hour course: Students join in after the first two workshops, choose their size based on measurements and learn to make a beautiful bra.
Learn to make a bra with multiple cup pattern pieces (this means more support), with wires, with hooks and eyes, with adjustable straps and full (wider) band.
If you are an intermediate level student, you could still take the longer 16 hour course and focus on making your toile bra and not undertaking the pattern adjustments in the first 2 weeks. Then apply the skills you've learnt and make your fabulous final bra.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- 16 hour course - start 2 weeks earlier and make a toile and adjust pattern pieces
- 8 hour course - make a bra with wires, adjustable straps, hooks & eyes
- Learn how to create a supportive bra
- 16 hr course students will make a toile and adjust pattern pieces + make a final fashion bra
- 8 hr students will make a fashion bra in their closest size
- Supportive learning, detailed instructions and a BRA!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- A Bra Making Kit is available for purchase during the online booking process
- or the Bra Making Supplies are listed in your confirmation email
✄✄✄ If you have made garments using patterns and understand sewing terminology and have some experience with pattern markings, this is a skill level you are ready for. You are expected to know how to use a sewing machine.
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.