Buy a Gift Voucher
Sewing Papercut's Nova Coat/Jacket ✄✄
Previously known as The Sapporo
Papercut's Nova Coat/Jacket is an exceptionally popular pattern - we have helped to make so many of these! Previously this pattern was called the Sapporo.
In this course, you will get our expertise and support to make your Sapporo over three x 3 hour or two x 4.5-hour workshops.
- Lay up pattern pieces, and cutting out the lining, fabric and interfacing (note you need to have your pre-purchased pattern prepared and ready for this workshop).
- Reminders on setting up and adjusting the sewing machine.
- Assemble lining.
- Assemble coat/jacket shell.
- Finish assembly.
- Bag out the lining.
- The tips and tricks along the way to getting a great result!
View or buy the Sapporo now - click here to go to Papercut Patterns.
Go bold with this dramatic cocoon silhouette and angled seaming. Choose lightweight fabric for a spring/summer version or cosy wool for cooler weather. Our fully lined Sapporo features pockets hidden in the front seams, and is a pattern for every season: choose between cropped and long sleeves, the full-length coat and the shorter jacket, and it’ll be your fave go-to piece year-round.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Pattern lay up and cutting technique for fabric, lining and interfacing.
- How to assemble the main coat/jacket shell and the lining - plus how to bag out a lining.
- All the tips and tricks to achieving professional results in a supportive workshop environment..
- A stunning Nova Coat/Jacket made by you
- Tuition to make an intermediate level sewing pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Sapporo paper pattern prepared and cut out in your size
- Mid-to-heavy weight woven main fabric, light-to-medium weight woven lining fabric, interfacing, & matching thread
- Amounts required are included in your pattern
✄✄ Intermediate Sewing Star: This sewing thing is really growing on you! You can follow a suggested layout and have now worked with a variety of woven fabrics, maybe even your first knits. You've stepped up to using patterns for simple garments like basic skirts, pants and tops. You've sewn a dart, inserted a basic zip and have finished edges with an overlocker.
See Terms & Conditions.
Taking part in a workshop at Thread Den is fun and we love teaching people our craft, but here we have to get serious for a moment:
It is your responsibility to clear your diary for the booking you've made - especially if there are multiple sessions in your course. If you want to finish your project(s), you need to attend all workshops. You'll also need to arrive on time. We can't start again because it just isn't fair to your fellow participants.
Allow us this indulgence for a second, our workshops and courses - they are usually sold out weeks in advance. It isn't a quick switch to pop you into another workshop. If we have an appropriate session where you can attend to keep going, we will try to offer you a discounted space. If that isn't possible, you will need to book a private lesson to stay on track (the minimum cost is NM -$144 or M -$119.52).
We also won't follow you up to check that you are coming along to class and/or that you have the right supplies for your class. Almost every workshop will require you to bring along your supplies, for some workshops we sell a supplies kit at an additional cost - but not for all. If you are unsure about what you need, just shoot us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org . We also want you to learn and love what you make as much as possible, please carefully consider the fabrics we recommend that you use. If you choose a fabric that is suited to a more advanced level you aren't going to enjoy your experience.
We've tried to answer any questions you could have in the workshop description, but again, don't hesitate to email us for any further details or with any queries. We loooove to see that fabric you are thinking of using and sending you off to some of our favourite fabric and habby suppliers.
Thanks for sticking with us and reading through these annoying details. Here's the stuff that is often hidden behind an *asterisk* or in teeeeenie little print:
- All refunds are subject to a 25% administration fee.
- Refunds will only be processed back to the original method of payment.
- Refunds are processed as soon as practicable. While Thread Den’s part of the process should be undertaken within three days of notice, the combination of the bookings platform and your banking institution’s processes will also influence the exact amount of time taken for you to receive the refund.
Transferring Your Booking
- If you wish to transfer your booking to another workshop we require at least four days notice prior to the start date of your original workshop/course booking.
- Bookings without date changes can be transferred to another person without incurring any penalties.
- Changes to your workshop or the commencement date (within all other terms listed here) will incur a $10 administration fee.
- Changes to your booking date will not reset the four day notice period.
- If you feel unwell, do not attend your workshop. With the supply of a medical certificate or COVID-19 testing referral covering the date of your workshop, you will be able to transfer your booking without incurring any penalties.
- Your safety is our priority, we reserve the right to make decisions if necessary to preserve the safety of all.
- In the event of a medical emergency, we may have to seek ambulance services on your behalf and at your expense.
- Classes are subject to sufficient enrolment numbers (usually this is 3 participants).
- We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled course. In the event of a cancellation, students will be notified two days before the scheduled start date and refunds will be provided.
This policy can be viewed on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/