Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew a shift dress with contrast panel ✄✄
In the contrast shift dress workshop, you will make a dress over 9 hours. This dress features a contrast fabric panel - if you have a remnant of a beautiful fabric that you've held on to and it hasn't been big enough for anything, but you also can't bring yourself to toss it... this is where it was meant to shine!.
With 5 pattern pieces, this is a great choice if you have made a couple of simple garments like our simple a line or PJ pants and want to learn more techniques.
This dress features: double ended darts, shoulder and bust darts, the curved feature yoke adds to the feminine shaping, you'll sew an invisible zip and an all-in-one-facing. While making the dress you will learn to use overlockers to finish fabric edges, top stitch and use an invisible zip foot.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Taking measurements and choosing the right size, pattern placement and transferring markings, cutting technique.
- Finishing seams with an overlocker, attaching facings and pressing for professional results.
- Stitching perfect bust & double end waist darts. Sewing an invisible zip. All in one neck/armhole facing. Top stitching detail.
- A shift dress made by you
- Instructions to make the shift dress
- A copy of the pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 55+cm invisible zipper
- Matching & contrasting (for top stitching) sewing machine thread
- 2 metres of woven fabric & .4metres of contrasting woven fabric
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our Simple A Line Skirt or PJ Pants
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/