Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew the Undercover Sweater ✄✄
A versatile relaxed fit sweater by Papercut Patterns with neck binding or hoodie. It has raglan style long wide sleeves and hem cuffs. A great basic for any wardrobe, good for layering or on its own.
Notes on supplies: Medium weight jersey fabrics are perfect. It is essential you choose a two-way stretch (your fabric needs to stretch vertically and horizontally). Also your sweater will retain its shape if there is 5-10% of lycra/nylon/elstain/etc in the fabric. Ensure For directional prints, large prints and fabrics with nap you purchase extra fabric. For best results - pre-wash your fabric to reduce shrinkage.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Taking measurements and choosing the right size, pattern placement and transferring markings, cutting technique.
- To use overlocker and sewing machine stretch stitches, needles and equipment selection for knit fabrics.
- Sew cuffs, waist band, elastic casing and drawstring.
- Instructions to make the sweater
- A copy of the pattern
- A sweater made by you
- Matching polyester sewing machine thread (Gutermaan is excellent)
- 1.6m of medium weight knit - cotton knit sweatshirting, cotton/lycra, viscose/lycra, wool jersey, or merino wool knit.
- Optional - .3 metres of contrasting knit fabric for neckband, waistband and cuffs similar to your main fabric OR .5metres for the optional hoodie in contrast fabric
- Optional 1m of drawstring for hood
✄✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to learn several more techniques
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.