Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew the Undercover Sweater ✄✄
A versatile relaxed fit sweater by Papercut Patterns with neck binding or hoodie. It has raglan style long wide sleeves and hem cuffs. A great basic for any wardrobe, good for layering or on its own.
Notes on supplies: Medium weight jersey fabrics are perfect. It is essential you choose a two-way stretch (your fabric needs to stretch vertically and horizontally). Also your sweater will retain its shape if there is 5-10% of lycra/nylon/elstain/etc in the fabric. Ensure For directional prints, large prints and fabrics with nap you purchase extra fabric. For best results - pre-wash your fabric to reduce shrinkage.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Taking measurements and choosing the right size, pattern placement and transferring markings, cutting technique.
- To use overlocker and sewing machine stretch stitches, needles and equipment selection for knit fabrics.
- Sew cuffs, waist band, elastic casing and drawstring.
- Instructions to make the sweater
- A copy of the pattern
- A sweater made by you
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Matching polyester sewing machine thread (Gutermaan is excellent)
- 1.6m of medium weight knit - cotton knit sweatshirting, cotton/lycra, viscose/lycra, wool jersey, or merino wool knit.
- Optional - .4 metres of contrasting knit fabric for neckband, waistband and cuffs similar to your main fabric OR .5metres for the optional hoodie in contrast fabric
✄✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to learn several more techniques
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.