Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
1940s High Waist Pants Workshop ✄
Seven hour workshop making pants designed by Danielle. These beautiul pants feature a high waist which is emphasised with a shaped waistband. Lovely wide legs and a feature line of buttons on the side. Check out more photos of our 1940s high waisted pants - click here.
The pants in the image above are made in an aubergine coloured poly blend crepe fabric.
Our pattern waist measurement covers from a 68cm to 108cm. If you wish to make pants outside this range, please email us and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Measurements, pattern markings, pattern placement, transferring markings
- Fusing interfacing, buttonholes, using an overlocker
- Sewing a waistband and hemming
- A pair of pants inspired by the side buttoning pants of the 1940s
- Instructions to make the pants
- A copy of the pattern
- 5 feature buttons between 1.5cm to 2cm in size
- .4 metres of interfacing for waistband/facing
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2.5 meters of woven fabric
- 30cm of 5-6cm wide elastic
✄ for students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to learn a few new techniques
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.