Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew a Square Neck Knit Top with Raglan Sleeves ✄✄
Pattern Design: A semi-fitted top featuring raglan sleeves! This top is extremely versatile and you'll be making an army of them. Featuring a square neckline, this clever pattern has just 2 pattern pieces. The longer length bodice is perfect for tucking in to pants and skirts, or it's great over leggings for a bit more coverage. During construction you'll get to stitch the simple seams with the overlocker as well as use machine stitches, learn a few tips about working with knit/stretch fabrics that will change your life.
Pattern Name: Check out the reference we based the top's name on in this clip from "Cry Baby" - click here.
Photographed Sample: Our photographed sample is made from a beautiful gold metalic knit fabric. Look at more variations of the same pattern here on our blog.
Styling Ideas & Notes On Supplies: Choose a two way stretch knit. You could use contrasting knit on the sleeves or remain with one fabric throughout. Light to medium weight jerseys will be soft and drape beautifully.
For best results - pre-wash your fabric to reduce shrinkage.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Pattern markings and pattern placement
- To use overlocker and sewing machine stretch stitches, needles and equipment selection for knit fabrics
- Measurements, choosing the right size when working with knit fabrics
- A stunning knit top to pair with just about anything
- Instructions to make the top
- A copy of the pattern
- Polyester sewing machine thread
- 1.5 metres of knit fabric with at least 50% stretch
✄✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to try new techniques
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.