Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Understanding & Using Vintage Sewing Patterns ✄
Do you have a beautiful collection of vintage sewing patterns and you are keen to use these amazing designs?
We absolutely adore vintage sewing patterns, vintage styling and sewing from vintage sewing patterns. Our latest range of workshops are designed to get more people addicted to our favourite thing.
- We'll talk about where to source vintage sewing patterns.
- Learn to read the back of the pattern envelope.
- Understanding vintage dress sizing.
- What are the markings, or lack there of on vintage sewing pattern pieces?
- Protecting your patterns.
- How to layout pattern pieces.
- Learn about the basic order of contruction and other things that vintage sewing pattern companies assume you know.
- Tips and a glossary to help you understand pattern instructions.
Bring along a pattern that you want to make and we'll spend the last half an hour going through your patterns and helping you understand them.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Where to collect vintage patterns
- Reading the envelope, knowing the sizing and understanding the supplies: fabrics/notions
- Protecting your pattern, laying out pattern pieces, understanding pattern markings
- An understanding of vintage sew at home patterns
- Improved craftsmanship for better dressmaking results
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Notebook & pen
- A vintage sew at home pattern you are keen to make (optional)
✄ Relevant to all sewing levels
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.