Gift this class
Understanding & Using Vintage Sewing Patterns ✄
Do you have a beautiful collection of vintage sewing patterns and you are keen to use these amazing designs? We absolutely adore vintage sewing patterns, vintage styling and sewing from vintage sewing patterns. Our latest range of workshops are designed to get more people addicted to our favourite thing.
- We'll talk about where to source vintage sewing patterns.
- Learn to read the back of the pattern envelope.
- Understanding vintage dress sizing.
- What are the markings, or lack there of on vintage sewing pattern pieces?
- Protecting your patterns.
- How to layout pattern pieces.
- Learn about the basic order of contruction and other things that vintage sewing pattern companies assume you know.
- Tips and a glossary to help you understand pattern instructions.
Bring along a pattern that you want to make and we'll spend the last half an hour going through your patterns and helping you understand them.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Three hours in duration
- Where to collect vintage patterns
- Reading the envelope, knowing the sizing and understanding the supplies: fabrics/notions
- Protecting your pattern, laying out pattern pieces, understanding pattern markings
- An understanding of vintage sew at home patterns
- Improved craftsmanship for better dressmaking results
- Notebook & pen
- A vintage sew at home pattern you are keen to make (optional)
✄ Relevant to all sewing levels
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.