Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
How to Use Sewing Patterns
Do you want to learn how to use sewing patterns? Have you tried to use one and become a bit bamboozled? We love getting people sewing and overcoming all barriers. So in this workshop we will cover:
- Great indie sewing pattern designers you may not have heard of.
- How to read the back of the pattern envelope.
- How to choose the size to make.
- The notions and supplies the pattern says you need. Do you really need them?
- Should you trace out or cut out patterns?
- How to layout pattern pieces.
- The markings on the pattern pieces.
- Tips to help you understand pattern instructions.
Bring along a pattern or two that you want to make and we can use them to understand the elements discussed.
Book the optional half an hour at the end of this workshop and learn the intricacies of vintage sewing patterns (1940s and earlier).
- Reading the envelope, selecting your pattern and understanding the supplies: fabrics/notions
- Tracing or cutting out your size, laying out pattern pieces, tips to understanding the instructions
- Optional additional hour covering how to use vintage sewing patterns
- An understanding on using and confidence in selecting sewing patterns
- Improved craftsmanship for better dressmaking results
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Notebook & pen
- A pattern you are keen to make (optional)
✄ Relevant to all sewing levels
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/