Buy a Gift Voucher
How to Use Sewing Patterns
Understanding the envelope, instructions & pattern
Do you want to learn how to use sewing patterns? Have you tried to use one and become a bit bamboozled? We love getting people sewing and overcoming all barriers. So in this workshop we will cover:
- Great indie sewing pattern designers you may not have heard of.
- How to read the back of the pattern envelope.
- How to choose the size to make.
- The notions and supplies the pattern says you need. Do you really need them?
- Should you trace out or cut out patterns?
- How to layout pattern pieces.
- The markings on the pattern pieces.
- Tips to help you understand pattern instructions.
Bring along a pattern or two that you want to make and we can use them to understand the elements discussed.
- Reading the envelope, selecting your pattern and understanding the supplies: fabrics/notions
- Tracing or cutting out your size, laying out pattern pieces, tips to understanding the instructions
- Optional additional hour covering how to use vintage sewing patterns
- An understanding on using and confidence in selecting sewing patterns
- Improved craftsmanship for better dressmaking results
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Notebook & pen
- A pattern you are keen to make (optional)
✄ Relevant to all sewing levels
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/