Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Open Studio - Sewing Lounge & Cutting Room Use
Casual use of our Sewing Studio and Cutting Room space is available on Thursdays and Fridays. This time is ideal for fashion students, hobby sewists and designers.
- Catch up on course homework and finish workshop projects.
- Trace off patterns and draft your own on the drafting/cutting tables (pattern drafting paper & pattern card is available for sale).
- Work on your toile, create a sample or finish your current project on one of our eight Janome Sewing Machines (supplied by Statewide Sewing Centres) with various feet available for your use. Unfortunately, we do not have any industrial machines.
- Cut out samples and big projects on the cutting/drafting tables.
- Finish seams and tidy edges,Unfortunately, overlockers can only be used by students who have learnt to use them in one of our workshops or you can organise private tuition to learn to use them - click here.
- Browse our Vintage Pattern Library and use our dressmaking and projects reference library. Patterns must be traced off.
There is no instruction provided during casual times. This is appropriate for independent sewing only. For tuition, contact us about a private lesson.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and use the lounge for free - click here to read more.
- Self directed sewing studio use
- Visitors need to bring along patterns, fabrics, notions...
- Convenient use of drafting/cutting tables
- Domestic sewing machines available
- Large drafting/cutting tables
- Creative and collaborative space
- ALL the supplies and notions you need for your project
Visitors must know how to thread and use a sewing machine
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.