Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Casual use of our Sewing Studio and Cutting Room space is available on Thursdays and Fridays. This time is ideal for fashion students, hobby sewists and designers.
- Catch up on course homework and finish workshop projects.
- Trace off patterns and draft your own on the drafting/cutting tables (pattern drafting paper & pattern card is available for sale).
- Work on your toile, create a sample or finish your current project on one of our eight Janome Sewing Machines (supplied by Statewide Sewing Centres) with various feet available for your use. Unfortunately, we do not have any industrial machines.
- Cut out samples and big projects on the cutting/drafting tables.
- Finish seams and tidy edges, Unfortunately, overlockers can only be used by students who have learnt to use them in one of our workshops or you can organise private tuition to learn to use them - click here.
- Browse our Vintage Pattern Library and use our dressmaking and projects reference library. Patterns must be traced off.
There is no instruction provided during casual times. This is appropriate for independent sewing only. For tuition, contact us about a private lesson.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and use the lounge for free - click here to read more.
- Self directed sewing studio use
- Visitors need to bring along patterns, fabrics, notions...
- Convenient use of drafting/cutting tables
- Domestic sewing machines available
- Large drafting/cutting tables
- Creative and collaborative space
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- ALL the supplies and notions you need for your project
Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and can work independently
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/