Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Casual Drop In - Sewing Lounge Use
What Can You Work on When You Drop in to the Sewing Lounge?
- If you have a bit of homework to catch up from your course, this is the perfect chance.
- Students can trace off the pattern pieces from their recent courses. Unfortunately, our course patterns are only available to students who have taken the workshop teaching that pattern.
- Hate having to clear off the dining table to cut out - use our beautiful big tables!
- Unfortunately, overlockers can only be used by students who have learnt to use them in one of our workshops or you can take a private lesson to learn to use them - click here.
- Work on one of our eight Janome Sewing Machines (supplied by Statewide Sewing Centres) with various feet available for your use. Please note that we have a very small range of threads for sale, if you need a perfect match you should pre-purchase it.
- Browse our Vintage Pattern Library and become inspired - visitors can purchase pattern making paper to trace Vintage Patterns on to.
During Drop In Sewing Hours we are preparing the workshop materials for the week ahead and undertaking general administration tasks. This is not directed sewing - we are unable to provide instruction.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and use the lounge for free - click here to read more.
2pm to 6pm on Thursdays & Fridays only
- This is self directed sewing
- Students need to bring along their project materials and notions
- Catch up on your course
- Use of sewing machines
- Use of cutting tables
- Use of a beautiful creative space
- ALL the supplies and notions you need for your project
Visitors must know how to thread and use a sewing machine
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.