Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew High Waisted Knickers ✄✄
A four hour workshop making a pair of extra high waisted knickers with princess seams to feature contrasting fabrics. During construction you'll learn about machine knit stiches and finishing your seams with the overlocker. We'll also teach you how to apply lingerie or picot edge elastic.
Our pattern measurements go to a 105cm hip, but note - because you are working in knit fabrics the final size can be much larger if you choose knit fabric with a large amount of stretch.
Our photographed knickers have combined a floral print knit with 2 way stretch that was purchased at ClearIt on Brunswick Street with a dusty pink netting that has been put over a plain off white 2 way stretch knit fabric. The picot underwear elastic is from Jimmy Buttons in Fitzroy.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Measurements, choosing the right size when working with knit, pattern markings and pattern placement
- How to apply underwear/picot elastic
- To use overlocker and sewing machine stretch stitches, needles and equipment selection for knit fabrics
- A pair of knickers made by you
- Instructions to make your knickers
- A copy of the pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Polyester sewing machine thread
- .5 metre of knit or woven fabric for the centre front and centre backs
- .5 metre of stretchy knit fabricfor the sides
- 2 metres of lingerie or picot elastic
✄✄ for students who have completed Sewing Basics and are confident enough to try new techniques and tricky fabrics
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.