Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Learn to Sew Knickers
We've updated this workshop format so that you can bring along other underwear patterns to make in class!
In this four hour workshop you can make our pattern for extra high waisted knickers with princess seams to feature contrasting fabrics, or bring your own pattern to make knickers. We recommend these as a great pattern following the same general process we do, and the variations we have suggested are preferred for beginners:
- Traditional bikini Frankie Style 5 by Evie La Luve
- Hipster Binky style 1 by Evia La Luve
- High Waisted Knickers by Madalynne
- Brazilian Cut Mia Pattern Style 1 by Studio Costura
- Boy Short - Solid Front by Emerald Erin
- Ivy Brief any solid front variations by House of Morrighan
We'll be running a seperate class for men's boxer briefs as they are quite different.
Please let us know during the booking process which pattern you are bringing along for the workshop.
During construction you'll learn about machine knit stitches, optional finishing of seams with the overlocker, how to apply lingerie, picot edge elastic or double turn elastic.
This is a great choice if you have taken our 3/4 Sleeve Knit Top or Traditional T Shirt Course where we cover how to sew with knit fabrics. Alternatively, if you have made a couple of garments and are keen to try sewing with knits, a workshop with a teacher on hand is the ideal way to go about it!
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Choosing the right size when working with knit, pattern markings and pattern placement
- How to apply underwear/picot elastic
- To use overlocker and sewing machine stretch stitches, needles and equipment selection for knit fabrics
- A pair of knickers made by you
- Instructions to make your knickers
- A copy of the pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Polyester sewing machine thread
- .5 metre of knit or woven fabric for the centre front and centre backs
- .5 metre of stretchy knit fabricfor the sides
- 2 metres of lingerie or picot elastic
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our T Shirt or 3/4 Sleeve Knit Top
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
Learn to sew leggings from knit (stretchy) fabricsMon, 14 Oct 6:00PM