Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
How to Crochet a Granny Square
Learn just the crochet essentials to make Granny Squares. In our Intro to Crochet workshops we stick to what you need to know just for that project.
There is so much to learn in crochet, but you have to start somewhere! So why not dip your toe into crochet and try out a workshop where you cover only the essentials.
To make your Granny Square you will learn; how to work in the round and then stitching into gaps. You'll make a slip knot, chain stitch, slip stitch and treble crochet stitch. If you've got everything under control, we'll also teach you how to change colours.
Types of crochet workshops available:
- An intro workshop is also a great way to get a refresher and reignite your passion for hooking. If Granny Squares aren't your thing, check out Intro to Crochet: The Chevron Blanket Workshop - click here.
- If you want a more comprehensive understanding of crochet that explains all its nuances, book our "Crochet Basics for Beginners Course" - click here.
- Learn only what you need to crochet a Granny Square
- Crochet Stitches: slip knot, chain stitch, slip stitch, treble crochet stitch
- Understand both a written pattern and pattern chart
- A Granny Square made by you!
- Class notes covering everything learnt
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 2 x balls of 8ply yarn in different light colours (not black)
- 4.5mm crochet hook
Suitable for any crochet skill level
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/