Gift this class
Sunday Afternoon Sewing
Held on the second (usually) Sunday of the month from 2pm to 5pm, it's our Sunday Afternoon Sewing Session!
Guests pop in to finish projects they've started in class, to work on current projects, trace off patterns on the cutting tables, get some overlocking done... But, it's not exclusively sewing, bring in your knitting and crochet projects, hand sewing, embroidery, there's even been hat steaming in the past! Hell, you can pop in just for a chat!
Sunday Afternoon Sewing Sessions are free for Thread Den Members.
Advice given during Sunday Sewing Session isn't detailed instruction. Many people attend these afternoons and there is usually only one Thread Den teacher running the night. For detailed tuition, look into a Private Lesson scheduled at your convenience.
Not sure if your membership is still current? Send us an email at email@example.com and we'll check for you.
3 hours in duration, from 2pm to 5pm. About the Ticket Types: Member or Non-Member is in reference to the paid Thread Den VIP Membership. Machine - you want to reserve a sewing machine. Crafting - you don't need a sewing machine.
- An afternoon of sewing, craft and skill-sharing
- The company of other lovely makers
- The opportunity to get some friendly advice from Thread Den teachers
- Upto 3 hours use of the Sewing Lounge
- A project you are working on
Non Members and Thread Den Members of all skill levels.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.