Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Help Needed Sewing Clinic
A 3 hour workshop with a maximum of 4 students. This is a session where you can work on your specific project that is giving you a challenge.
Grab the project you've been planning to create and make it happen with the added guidance you need. Complete your project, at your pace. Thread Den provides the studio space, use of our machines and equipment and a skilled teacher to offer guidance, but please bring ALL the materials you need for your project. Session fee does not include Thread Den materials.
About our teachers:
- Jenni teaches almost all of the project and drafting classes and has a particular skill and interest with costuming. She is a fun and thorough teacher, providing lots of explanations and entertainment! Jenni also has her own business - MyBestFriendJen
- Haylee, has her own label Evie Black and extensive skills working with leather as well as dressmaking and sewing.
- Laura, is obsessed with vintage fashion, vintage sewing and couture techniques. Laura is also skilled in working with knit fabrics, recycled leather from her experience with her label Mina + Oli. Laura is also a crochet addict and crazy cat lady.
- Dan, is the boss lady at Thread Den. She is a "can do" type person, who believes that anything can be fixed. She's also another crazy cat lady and French Bulldog guardian. Keen on mid-century fashion, sewing with knits and is also called the "overlocker whisperer".
- Allanah, our fabulously fun new teacher! She boasts a Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fashion, and a Graduate Diploma of Primary Education. Allanah also runs her own costume and clothing labels: The House of Arax & Smarty Pantz.
- The skills you want, when you want
- Improve your technique
- Problem solving when things don't go to plan
- Tuition tailored to your project
- A small class of 4 students
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- ALL the materials you need for your project
Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 or know how to thread and use a sewing machine
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.