Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Help Needed Sewing Clinic
A 3 hour workshop with a maximum of 4 students. This is a session where you can work on your specific project that is giving you a challenge.
Grab the project you've been planning to create and make it happen with the added guidance you need. Complete your project, at your pace. Thread Den provides the studio space, use of our machines and equipment and a skilled teacher to offer guidance, but please bring ALL the materials you need for your project. Session fee does not include Thread Den materials.
About our teachers:
- Jenni teaches almost all of the project and drafting classes and has a particular skill and interest with costuming. She is a fun and thorough teacher, providing lots of explanations and entertainment! Jenni also has her own business - MyBestFriendJen
- Haylee, has her own label Evie Black and extensive skills working with leather as well as dressmaking and sewing.
- Laura, is obsessed with vintage fashion, vintage sewing and couture techniques. Laura is also skilled in working with knit fabrics, recycled leather from her experience with her label Mina + Oli. Laura is also a crochet addict and crazy cat lady.
- Dan, is the boss lady at Thread Den. She is a "can do" type person, who believes that anything can be fixed. She's also another crazy cat lady and French Bulldog guardian. Keen on mid-century fashion, sewing with knits and is also called the "overlocker whisperer".
- Allanah, our fabulously fun new teacher! She boasts a Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fashion, and a Graduate Diploma of Primary Education. Allanah also runs her own costume and clothing labels: The House of Arax & Smarty Pantz.
- The skills you want, when you want
- Improve your technique
- Problem solving when things don't go to plan
- Tuition tailored to your project
- A small class of 4 students
- We are located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. It's a red door on the street between an Afghan restaurant and the N2 Gelato Bar. If you are putting this into your GPS for directions - make sure that the address is NOT coming up as North Fitzroy. That's a couple of kilometres down the road. Totally not where you need to go.
- Parking near Thread Den: There is very little free parking. Brunswick Street is all ticketed and restricted to as little as 2hours during some hours of the day. Surrounding streets can also be difficult. However, you can park for longer in the paid Coles Car Park. When you look it up online it is listed as Johnston Street, however access is via Argyle Street. If you park on level 1 or 2 and spend over $30 at Coles, you can get your parking for up to 4 hours reimbursed in Coles.
- Catch the tram. Public Transport is the ideal way to get to Thread Den - jump on the number 11 Tram and get off near the Johnston Street intersection.
- ALL the materials you need for your project
Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 or know how to thread and use a sewing machine
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.