Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Fast Tracked Sewing Basics Course for Beginners
The fast tracked offering of our most popular course!
Learn to sew from the very beginning as we take you through all the basics of sewing. Get an understanding of the sewing machine, machine sewing techniques and start trouble shooting problems at the machine yourself. We'll introduce you to terminology, tools, patterns, fabric selection, cutting technique and achieving professional results. You'll get to know what you want in a sewing machine if you haven't yet purchased one.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Sewing Basics - click here.
- Looking for Gift Certificates? click here.
What You'll Be Making:
- Workshop 1: A felt lined fabric wallet perfect for your ipod or myki
- Workshop 2: A zippered toiletries case with interfacing
- Workshop 3: A fully lined sling bag with boxed out corners
- Workshop 1: Threading and setting up your machine, using sewing kit tools, getting familiar with the terminology.
- Workshop 2: All about zippers and inserting an exposed zip, understanding and using interfacing, the anatomy of fabric.
- Workshop 3: Tracing out, cutting technique, sewing at seam allowance, bagging out a lining.
- Detailed handouts for each workshop.
- Experienced and friendly teachers to take you through everything from the very beginning.
- A finished project each workshop
- Cram the course in 1 week.
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Workshop 1: a piece of craft felt at least 17cm x 27cm, sewing machine thread & a piece woven cotton fabric at least 45cm x 35cm
- Workshop 2: a piece of heavy weight fusible interfacing at least 45cm x 60cm, sewing machine thread, a 25cm closed end chunky plastic zip & .5metre woven cotton fabric
- Workshop 3: sewing machine thread, two pieces of woven cotton fabric both 1 metre
- A list of supplies is included in your confirmation email
Perfect for absolute beginners
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/