Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew the Venus Kimono Jacket ✄
Pattern Design: The Venus Kimono - Relaxed fit is a free size pattern from Sew This Pattern. Lots of lovely fabric drapes from the shoulder pleats and the flawless French seams make it just as beautiful in, as out. You'll learn new skills, such as the easy to sew but confusing to think about - French seams. You'll make pleats, and have the option of taking on the challenging skill of achieving rolled hems, all under the guiding eye of a teacher supporting you through the steps. In a workshop at this level, you are expected to know how to use a sewing machine.
Photographed Sample: The photographed sample is worn and made by the designer Annie Mollison in the fabric “Three sided tears” from Tessuti - a cotton/silk blend voile.
Styling Ideas: It is perfect for layering over outfits and makes a great beach cover-up. Read how to style your Venus Kimono Jacket - click here.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
5 hours in total
- Pattern placement, transferring markings and cutting technique
- Sewing French seams and pleats (easily skills to learn)
- How to sew rolled hems (a more challenging skill)
- The "SewThisPattern" Venus Kimono Jacket made by you
- A copy of the pattern
- Instructions for making the Jacket
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 110cm wide fabric = 2.5m OR 145cm+ wide fabric = 1.8m light weight, soft draping fabric: cotton voile, crepe de chine, soft cotton lawn, rayon.
✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are ready to try one challenging new technique
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.