Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Simple A Line Skirt Workshop with a Lapped Zip ✄
Over five hours in total, you'll make an A Line skirt with back waist darts. Students will use overlockers, learn how to apply interfacing, finish the waist with a facing, insert a lapped zip in the side seam and how to get great looking results.
The skirt in the image above is made from a denim.
Our pattern waist measurement covers from a 68cm to 107cm. If you wish to make a skirt outside this range, please email us and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop.
For a slightly more challenging A Line Skirt, you might like the A Line Skirt with Princess Seams for Intermediates.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Measurements, pattern markings, placement, transferring markings
- Fusing interfacing, stitching waist darts and finishing seams
- Sewing a lapped regular dress zip, a waist facing and hemming
- A copy of the pattern
- A super wearable skirt that sits on your waist
- Instructions to make the skirt
- 18+cm regular dress zip
- 20cm fusible interfacing
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2m of medium weight woven fabric
✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 or know how to thread and use a sewing machine
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.