Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Simple A Line Skirt with a Lapped Zip ✄
Over 6 hours in total, you'll make an A Line skirt with back waist darts. Students will use overlockers, learn how to apply interfacing, finish the waist with a facing, insert a lapped zip in the side seam and how to get great looking results.
The skirt in the image above is made from a denim.
Our pattern waist measurement covers from a 62cm to 107cm. If you wish to make a skirt outside this range, please email us and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop.
For a slightly more challenging A Line Skirt, you might like the A Line Skirt with Princess Seams for Intermediates.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Measurements, pattern markings, placement, transferring markings
- Fusing interfacing, stitching waist darts and finishing seams
- Sewing a lapped regular dress zip, a waist facing and hemming
- A copy of the pattern
- A super wearable skirt that sits on your waist
- Instructions to make the skirt
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 18+cm regular dress zip
- 20cm fusible interfacing
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 1.5m <140cm, or 1.2m if >140cm (for fabrics with nap purchase a further .5m)
✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 or know how to thread and use a sewing machine
Mid-weight woven cottons, denim, drill, cotton sateen, linen. This pattern is not suitable for knits.
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.