Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Simple A Line Skirt with a Lapped Zip
In this simple A Line skirt workshop you'll create a versatile skirt over 6 hours. The a line skirt falls from the waist with a classic shape.
With only 4 pattern pieces, this is a great choice if you are looking to make your first garment and have taken our Sewing Basics Course (or similar).
This skirt features back waist darts, interfacing and a waist facing. Students will learn how to insert a lapped zip in the side seam and use overlockers.
The skirt in the image above is made from a denim.
For a slightly more challenging A Line Skirt, you might like the A Line Skirt with Princess Seams for Intermediates.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Measurements, pattern markings, placement, transferring markings
- Fusing interfacing, stitching waist darts and finishing seams
- Sewing a lapped regular dress zip, a waist facing and hemming
- A copy of the pattern
- A super wearable skirt that sits on your waist
- Instructions to make the skirt
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 18+cm regular dress zip
- 20cm fusible interfacing
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 1.5m <140cm, or 1.2m if >140cm (for fabrics with nap purchase a further .5m)
✄ Perfect for students who have completed our Sewing Basics Course and want to learn several new techniques and skills
Mid-weight woven cottons, denim, drill, cotton sateen, linen. This pattern is not suitable for knits.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/