Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
How to Crochet a Chevron Blanket
Learn just the crochet essentials to make a Chevron Blanket. In our Intro to Crochet workshops we stick to what you need to know just for that project.
There is so much to learn in crochet, but you have to start somewhere! So why not dip your toe into crochet and try out a workshop where you cover only the essentials. To make your Chevron Blanket you will learn; how to increase and decrease, make a slip knot, chain stitch, slip stitch and treble crochet stitch. If you've got everything under control, we'll also teach you how to change colours.
Types of Crochet Workshops Available:
- An intro workshop is also a great way to get a refresher and reignite your passion for hooking. If Chevrons aren't your thing, check out Intro to Crochet: The Granny Sqare Workshop - click here.
- If you want a more comprehensive understanding of crochet that explains all its nuances, book our "Crochet Basics for Beginners Course" - click here.
- or even have a look at our longer programs: The Crochet Clubs - click here.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the Member's Discount - click here to read more.
- Learn only what you need to crochet a Chevron Blanket
- Crochet Stitches: a slip knot, chain stitch, slip stitch, treble crochet stitch, increasing/decreasing
- Understand both a written pattern and pattern chart
- Instructions covering everything learnt in class
- The start of a Chevron Blanket made by you!
- 4.5mm Crochet Hook
- These tools can purchased at booking, or at your workshop - you select from our small range of colours on arrival
- 2 x balls 8ply cotton yarn in light colours (no black)
Suitable for any crochet skill level
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.