Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew a pair of PJ Pants (unisex pattern) ✄
Pattern Design: Let's tackle a simple project together! PJ pants. Comfy. Unisex. And perfect for your first garment. They are gathered on the waist with elastic. A comfy pattern to snooze away the hours. If you've attempted a pair of pants on your own, you might have gotten totally thrown by the steps to sew the crotch... We'll help you make sense of this! We are also going to sew these PJ Pants with beautiful French seams.
Photographed Sample: Laura wears a pair of PJ pants made from a light weight woven shirting cotton. They are finished with a cotton twill tape drawstring and double turned hem. Danielle (on the right) wears a pair made from a vintage woven cotton floral fabric. This pair has an elastic waist and lace hem tape finishes the insides of the hems.
Styling Ideas & Notes On Supplies: Your fabric can be chosen for your own comfort. Do you like snuggly warm? You could look at flanels and fleeces. If you kick all the blankets off, you may want a cooler pair and should look at light weight cotton blends.
Our PJ pants pattern goes from children's sizes up to a finished 130cm hip size. If you think you sit outside this range, just shoot us an email and we'll make sure we are ready to go for your class.
For best results - pre-wash your fabric to reduce shrinkage.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Legs… how to sew them together!
- Measurements, pattern markings and placement
- Sewing French seams, elastic waist casing & hemming
- A pair of PJ pants made by you!
- Instructions to making the PJ Pants
- A copy of the pattern
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2.5 metres of soft cotton fabric.
- enough elastic to go around your waist (2cm wide elastic is perfect)
✄ for students who have completed Sewing Basics or know how to thread and use a sewing machine
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.