Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Holiday Sewing: PJ Pants for Intermediates
In this class students will make a pair of elastic waist pyjama pants. The pants are a simple design with a drawstring waist and slightly wide legs. The PJ pants are unisex.
School Holiday classes are designed for 10 years and up. There is a maximum of six children in classes. Children wearing PJ pants that they have made themselves are known to go to bed on time without argument.*
*Obviously there is no proof of this claim. Your child will most likely require a glass of water, a cuddle, tucking in, a trip to the bathroom and more before they will go to bed on your third or fourth request.
This class is only offered during the School holidays.
- Pattern tracing, placement, markings and cutting out
- Hemming & sewing French seams
- Inserting an elastic waist band
- A handmade pair of PJs made by you!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- snacks, lunch and a bottle of water
- matching sewing machine thread
- Elastic for the waistband - 1 metre long 2cm cm wide
- 2 metres of a light to medium flannel or quilting cotton (no stretchy, or slippery fabrics). For directional prints you will need to buy more fabric.
Closed in shoes and casual clothing
Children aged 10 years and over who have completed our Holiday Sewing: Learn to Sew for Kids Part 2
Flannelette and cotton. This pattern is not suitable for stretchy, sheer, silky or fluffy fabrics.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/