Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew a pair of Leggings from Knit Fabric✄✄
Pattern Design: Build your comfy go-to-wardrobe pieces with a staple you'll wear all year round - leggings!
With just two pattern pieces. You could vary the length for more pattern possibiities, you'll be whipping up an army of these wardrobe workhorses. Leggings are versatile, layerable, and above all, comfortable. A girl's secret weapon in Melbourne's famous four seasons in one day weather! We've got all the tools you'll need: ball point needles, twin needles, overlockers. AND most importantly, you get an experienced teacher on hand to take you through the skills, techniques and how to use these tools for an amazing professional finish.
Styling Ideas & Notes On Supplies: Look at jersey knits, merino wool knits, baby rib knit... It is essential you choose a two-way stretch. Also your leggings will retain their shape if there is 5-10% of lycra/nylon/elstain/etc in the fabric.
For best results - pre-wash your fabric to reduce shrinkage.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Understanding knit fabric types
- Measurements, choosing the right size when working with knit, pattern markings and pattern placement
- To use overlocker and sewing machine stretch stitches, needles and equipment selection
- A pair of leggings made by you!
- A copy of the pattern
- Detailed Instructions
- matching polyester sewing machine thread
- elastic 2.5 cm wide - long enough to go around your waist
- 1.5 metres of knit fabric with two way stretch and at least 50% stretch both vertically and horizontally
✄✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to try new techniques
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.