Buy a Gift Voucher
Learn to sew leggings ✄✄
Understanding machine stretch stitches
Just 3 hours you'll make leggings. Leggings are versatile, layerable, and above all, comfortable. The secret weapon for Melbourne's famous four seasons in one day weather!
With only ONE pattern piece, this is a great pattern to start working on your knit fabric skills. The leggings have an elastic waist, you'll use various stretch stitches on the sewing machine and use overlockers if you wish.
Leggings are all about fabric choice. Look for really stretchy knit that is a blend of natural and synthetic fibres.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Understanding knit fabric types, the needles to select and equipment required
- Measurements, choosing the right size when working with knit, pattern markings and pattern placement
- Use overlockers and sewing machine stretch stitches
- A pair of leggings made by you!
- A copy of the pattern
- Detailed instructions
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Polyester sewing machine thread
- Elastic 2.5 cm wide - & long enough to go around your waist
- 1.5 metres of really stretchy knit that is a blend of natural and synthetic fibres
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our T Shirt or 3/4 Sleeve Knit Top
Very stretchy knit fabrics that stretch both vertically and horizontally.
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/