Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Learn to sew leggings ✄✄
Just 3 hours you'll make leggings. Leggings are versatile, layerable, and above all, comfortable. The secret weapon for Melbourne's famous four seasons in one day weather!
With only ONE pattern piece, this is a great pattern to start working on your knit fabric skills. The leggings have an elastic waist, you'll use various stretch stitches on the sewing machine and use overlockers if you wish.
Leggings are all about fabric choice. Look for really stretchy knit that is a blend of natural and synthetic fibres.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Understanding knit fabric types, the needles to select and equipment required
- Measurements, choosing the right size when working with knit, pattern markings and pattern placement
- Use overlockers and sewing machine stretch stitches
- A pair of leggings made by you!
- A copy of the pattern
- Detailed instructions
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Polyester sewing machine thread
- Elastic 2.5 cm wide - & long enough to go around your waist
- 1.5 metres of really stretchy knit that is a blend of natural and synthetic fibres
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our T Shirt or 3/4 Sleeve Knit Top
Very stretchy knit fabrics that stretch both vertically and horizontally.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/