Gift this class
The Basics of Grading Sewing Patterns ✄✄✄
Does this sound familiar...
- Scored an amazing vintage pattern but it's the wrong size?
- Cut your pattern when you made it the first time, but you've now changed size?
- Drafted your own pattern for you and now your bestie wants one in her size?
No worries! Seriously. You could be grading those little beauties up or down to the right size.
This workshop will be a practical class where you will grade a variety basic pattern elements; shirt fronts and backs, skirt fronts and backs (combining both to dresses) and sleeves. Please note that only the basics are covered. We want everyone to get the class that they expect, there is only basic grading information on pant crotch and bust - you are not learning about full bust adjustments and correcting fitting problems.
You will also cover and become familiar with using patternmaking tools.
Bring along a pattern that you are hoping to grade in the future and the teacher can discuss a plan of attack.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here
Prices are subject to change and Member Discounts are applicable to class prices that are not already discounted or bundled.
Three hours in duration
- How to take patterns up or down a couple of sizes
- The tools you need for pattern drafting
- The basic knowledge to start grading patterns
- notepad and pen
- A pattern you would like discuss
✄✄ While there is no sewing in this class, you will get the most from it If you're familiar with patterns, some terminology & pattern markings.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.