Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
The Basics of Grading Patterns ✄✄
Does this sound familiar...
- Scored an amazing vintage pattern but it's the wrong size?
- Cut your pattern when you made it the first time, but you've now changed size?
- Drafted your own pattern for you and now your bestie wants one in her size?
No worries! Seriously. You could be grading those little beauties up or down to the right size.
This workshop will be a practical class where you will grade a variety basic pattern elements; shirt fronts and backs, skirt fronts and backs (combining both to dresses) and sleeves. Please note that only the basics are covered. We want everyone to get the class that they expect, there is only basic grading information on pant crotch and bust - you are not learning about full bust adjustments and correcting fitting problems.
You will also cover and become familiar with using patternmaking tools.
Bring along a pattern that you are hoping to grade in the future and the teacher can discuss a plan of attack.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- How to take patterns up or down a couple of sizes
- The tools you need for pattern drafting
- The basic knowledge to start grading patterns
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- notepad and pen
- A pattern you would like discuss
✄✄ While there is no sewing in this class, you will get the most from it If you're familiar with patterns, some terminology & pattern markings.
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.