Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Beginners 3hr Embroidery Workshop
In our beginners embroidery workshop you will learn techniques that will allow you to create a beautiful neat monogram over three hours. Having learnt embroidery, you will embellish your own creations, purchased items and more. Take your simple everyday objects and make them artworks that will bring you joy to use.
This workshop is with Hozanna, a Japanese designer and embroidery artist currently in Australia. You can see her inspiring work under her label Towelket Tokyo by clicking here. The photographed artwork is also by Hozanna.
Learn how to work with embroidery floss and achieve neat stitching. You'll make samplers of running stitch, back stitch, straight stitch, cross stitch, stem stitch, split stitch and combine your skills to cross stitch your monogram on the fabric cover of your embroidery sampler (you may choose to embroider a different object like a blouse collar or handkerchief).
- When you are ready to take it to the next level, check out our Intermediates Embroidery workshop - click here.
Students can choose to buy an embroidery class kit (which includes the items listed under what to bring) and continue on with your new love, or you can use workshop supplies (but you'll need to buy more supplies to work on at home).
- To work with embroidery floss and achieve neat stitching
- Running stitch, back stitch, straight stitch, cross stitch and split stitch
- To cross stitch your monogram
- A sampler fabric book for your stitches learnt
- Instructions for basic stitches and embroidery technique
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Embroidery needles, Embroidery floss
- Or when booking in you can purchase a class kit which includes; needles, floss in three colours, snips, bees wax, water soluble marker, all in a tin.
Everyone: No experience necessary
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/