Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Vintage Hair and Beauty Workshops
Whether it is; perfect pouts, alluring eyes, pin curls, Victory rolls or finger waves, there is something delightful about immersing yourself in an era gone by.
Once there was a routine, that was almost a ceremony, to skin care and daily preparations.
In three and half hours (or as listed above) Miss Lee will take you through retro skin care, makeup application from popular eras. We'll give you a good dose of grooming and deportment as well.
Themes and dates of our Vintage Hair & Beauty Workshops:
- 1960s Smokey eyes & beehives. 18 Feb.
- Bumper Bangs - the quickie Pin Up makeup & hair style. Just 2.5 hours! 11 Mar.
- 1920s Marcel waves & Clara Bow lips. 24 Mar.
- 1930s Hollywood sirens. 14 Apr.
- 1940s Post war glamour with Victory rolls & statement lips. 5 May.
- 1950s Classic brick set & wing tips. 26 May.
- 1960s Smokey eyes & beehives. 17 Jun.
- Retro makeup application
- Retro grooming methods
- How to set your hair
- A glamorous new look
- An afternoon or evening of fun and great company!
- Pop a few things in your pocket book. We'll let you know in your confirmation email.
- Feel free to bring drinks and nibbles to enjoy with your new friends!
Wear something utterly gorgeous! But don't wash your hair on the day or the day before. Clean hair is really hard to work with.
Vintage vixens, retro lovers & anyone who wants to build their confidence.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.