Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Learn to Copy a Garment You Love ✄✄✄
Learn how to take a garment that you love and create a pattern from it. You'll also make a toile of that garment. Just think of it now... you could be making many versions of your favourite wardrobe item in all different colours! You'll have your pattern for ever.
You can expect to finish 1 pattern and 1 toile (mock-up) in the course timeframe.
Be easy on yourself and choose things that are simple for learning this technique. Nothing made from knit / stretchy fabric. Not too many seams or details in the construction.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
"Thank you lovely Amy for the awesome CopyCat workshop over the weekend.
Am LOVING my copied dress. Your expertise was indispensible, your energy magnetic and your students amazing... oh hang on... that was me! (the other girls in the class rocked too!)"
Monica - May 2013.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here
Thread Den VIP Member's Pricing
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
Twelve hours in duration. Scheduled on 4 x Thursdays from 6-9pm Starting 22nd June.
- How to make a pattern from a garment without pulling it apart
- Improving the pattern fit
- Making a toile
- Patternmaking paper and all the knowledge you need to make your initial toile (mockup)
- A selection of 2 - 3 simple garments to learn to make your pattern(s) from (please don't bring stretch/knit garments unless you are familiar with sewing with them)
- 3 metres of light to medium weight cotton calico (or a cheap fabric similar to your garments to make your toile)
✄✄✄ If you are familiar with patterns, understand some terminology and pattern markings, this is a skill level you are ready for.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.