Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew a Sarong Dress ✄✄
Over 12 hours make a gorgeous sarong dress. This is a retro classic with straight skirt foundation, flattering high waist and draping sarong overlay skirt piece. If you don't include the sarong, you have another dress variation from this pattern! There are three strap variations to choose from; strapless, halter neck or shoulder ties. The bodice is lined and you'll learn to insert a centred regular dress zip.
The above image of our sarong dress is made from Spotlight rayon and features a joyful pom pom trim that picked up on highlights in the large follage print. You can view more photos of our Sarong Dress taken at St Kilda - click here.
Learn to create this hair and make-up look in our Workshop with Miss Lee - click here.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Measurements and selecting pattern sizes, pattern placement, transferring markings and cutting technique
- How to sew in a bodice lining and a centred zip
- Interfacing, sewing princess seams and darts, finishing seams and hemming
- A gorgeous sarong dress made by you!
- A copy of the sarong dress pattern
- Dressmaking instructions for the Sarong Dress
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- matching sewing machine thread
- 2.8 metres of woven fabric (more details in your confirmation email)
- 55+cm regular dress zip
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our Simple A Line Skirt or PJ Pants
Light to medium weight woven fabric: rayon, batik, cotton sateen, linen, lawn, voile. This pattern is not suitable for knits.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/