Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew a Simple Shift Dress with an invisible zip
In this Simple Shift Workshop, you will make a gorgeous dress over 7 hours. A shift dress falls from the shoulders, with limited waist shaping.
With only 4 pattern pieces, this is a great choice if you are looking to make your first garment and have taken our Sewing Basics Course (or similar).
This dress features: French darts, an invisible zip and an all-in-one-facing. While making the dress you will learn to use overlockers to finish fabric edges and use an invisible zip foot.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Taking measurements and choosing the right size, pattern placement and transferring markings, cutting technique.
- Finishing seams with an overlocker, and pressing for professional results.
- Stitching darts. Sewing an invisible zip. All-in-one neck/armholes facing.
- A shift dress made by you!
- Instructions to make the shift dress
- A copy of the pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 55+cm invisible zipper
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2.5 metres of woven fabric (more details in your confirmation email)
✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have completed our Sewing Basics for Beginners Course
Light to heavy weight woven apparel fabrics: lawn, rayon, drill, denim, linen, wool blends. This pattern is not suitable for knits.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/