Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Wide Leg Pants Workshop with an Invisible Zip
In this pants workshop, you will make a smart pair of wide leg pants over 6 hours. The pants have a flat front, low waist and wide leg.
With only 4 pattern pieces, this is a great choice if you are looking to make your first garment and have taken our Sewing Basics Course (or similar).
These pants feature: An invisible zip and a waist facing. While making the dress you will learn to use overlockers to finish fabric edges and use an invisible zip foot.
The pants in the image above are made from a wool blend, you can see more photos of these pants - click here.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
What to wear it with: the Simple Shell or Adelle Top - click to view.
- Measurements, pattern placement, transferring markings
- Fusing interfacing, using overlockers
- Sewing an invisible zip, finish with waist facing
- Instructions to make the pants
- A copy of the pattern
- A pair of flattering pants with a wide leg
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 20+cm invisible zip in matching colour
- .3 metres of interfacing for waist facing
- Matching sewing machine thread
- Woven fabric >140cm wide - 1.8 metres, or <140cm 2.5 meters
✄ Perfect for students who have completed our Sewing Basics Course
Woven mid weight fabrics: wool blends, light to mid weight denim, cotton sateen, twill, linen, wool blends.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/