Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Wide Leg Pants Workshop with an Invisible Zip ✄
Over seven hours in total, you'll make a pair of pants that feature a flat front, low waist and wide leg. Students will use overlockers, learn how to apply interfacing, finish the waist with a facing and insert an invisible zip in the side seam.
The pants in the image above are made from a wool blend, you can see more photos of these pants - click here.
Our pattern waist measurement covers from a 68cm to 108cm. If you wish to make pants outside this range, please email us and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Measurements, pattern placement, transferring markings
- Fusing interfacing, using overlockers
- Sewing an invisible zip, finish with waist facing
- Instructions to make the pants
- A copy of the pattern
- A pair of flattering pants with a wide leg
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 20+cm invisible zip in matching colour
- .3 metres of interfacing for waist facing
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2.5 meters of woven fabric
✄ for students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to learn a few new techniques
Woven mid weight fabrics: wool blends, light to mid weight denim, cotton sateen, linen.
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.