Buy a Gift Voucher
Pencil Skirt with Invisible Zip ✄
A six hour workshop making a pencil skirt. In this workshop you will learn to draft a straight waistband, sew waist darts, insert a regular centred zip, sew a kick pleat, finish seams with the overlocker, check your fit, and hem.
In this 6hr Pencil Skirt Workshop, you will make a straight style skirt, which depending on your preferences can be made more curve hugging.
There are only 2 pattern pieces! You will learn how to draft a straight waistband to finish the waist of the skirt. This is a great choice if you are looking to make your first garment and have taken our Sewing Basics Course (or similar).
This skirt features: waist darts, an invisible zip, a kick pleat and a selft drafted waistband. While making the skirt you will learn to use overlockers to finish fabric edges and use an invisible zip foot.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Measurements, pattern markings, placement, transferring markings
- Fusing interfacing, stitching waist darts, a kick pleat and finishing seams
- How to draft a straight waistband & sew a centred zip
- A pencil skirt
- Instructions to making the skirt
- A copy of the pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 18+cm regular dress zip
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 1.3 metres of woven fabric (more details in your confirmation email)
- 20cm fusible interfacing
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our Simple A Line Skirt or PJ Pants
Medium weight woven apparel fabrics: denim, linen, wool blends, cotton stretch sateen. This pattern is not suitable for knits.
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/