Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Pencil Skirt with Invisible Zip ✄
A six hour workshop making a pencil skirt. In this workshop you will learn to draft a straight waistband, sew waist darts, insert a regular centred zip, sew a kick pleat, finish seams with the overlocker, check your fit, and hem.
In this 6hr Pencil Skirt Workshop, you will make a straight style skirt, which depending on your preferences can be made more curve hugging.
There are only 2 pattern pieces! You will learn how to draft a straight waistband to finish the waist of the skirt. This is a great choice if you are looking to make your first garment and have taken our Sewing Basics Course (or similar).
This skirt features: waist darts, an invisible zip, a kick pleat and a selft drafted waistband. While making the skirt you will learn to use overlockers to finish fabric edges and use an invisible zip foot.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Measurements, pattern markings, placement, transferring markings
- Fusing interfacing, stitching waist darts, a kick pleat and finishing seams
- How to draft a straight waistband & sew a centred zip
- A pencil skirt
- Instructions to making the skirt
- A copy of the pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 18+cm regular dress zip
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 1.3 metres of woven fabric (more details in your confirmation email)
- 20cm fusible interfacing
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our Simple A Line Skirt or PJ Pants
Medium weight woven apparel fabrics: denim, linen, wool blends, cotton stretch sateen. This pattern is not suitable for knits.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/