Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew A Pair of Slim Leg Capri Pants ✄
Six hour workshop making cigarette style pants that are a quintessential inclusion in your wardrobe. You will learn how to sew a lapped zip, also featuring a self face yoke at the waist.
The patterns cover Wasit Measurements from 64cm to 107cm. Please email us if your measurements is outside this range and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Taking measurements and choosing the right size, pattern placement and transferring markings, cutting technique.
- Fusing interfacing, how to sew the crotch seam and finishing side seams.
- How to insert a lapped regular zip in the side.
- Instructions on making your pants
- A copy of the pattern
- Slim leg cigarette style pants made by you
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Matching thread
- 25cm regular dress zip
- 2.5 metres of fabric. We suggest medium weight woven fabric with stretch
- 0.3 metres of iron on interfacing
✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to learn several more techniques
Woven fabric with a bit of stretch - cotton stretch sateen & stretch denim are great.
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.