Gift this class
Sew A Pair of Slim Leg Capri Pants ✄✄
Pattern Design: These cigarette style pants are a quintessential inclusion in your wardrobe. Fantastic for creating a 50s look, or styled in your modern wardrobe. A must-have staple item for those times when you need the perfect balance of casual and cool. We are closing them with a lapped zip in the side and the inseam pockets have been omitted. Students can choose to shorten to a capri length.
The patterns cover Wasit Measurements from 64cm to 107cm. Please email us if your measurements is outside this range and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop.
Photographed Sample: Made by Danielle from a fabric from Darn Cheap Fabrics - a Cotton/Elastin blend, which gives them a great amount of stretch. She has taken the length up to the calf.
Notes on supplies: Medium weight woven fabrics with a small percentage of a syntheic for stretch will be perfect. Ensure For directional prints, large prints and fabrics with nap you purchase extra fabric. For best results - pre-wash your fabric to reduce shrinkage.
Skills Checklist (what you'll cover):
- Taking hip and waist measurements
- Choosing your size
- Pattern placement
- Tracing and transferring markings
- Cutting technique
- Using interfacing
- Inserting a lapped regular dress zip
- Finishing seams
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Taking measurements and choosing the right size, pattern placement and transferring markings, cutting technique.
- Fusing interfacing, how to sew the crotch seam and finishing side seams.
- How to insert a lapped regular zip in the side.
- Comprehensive instructions, including the Colette instructions
- A copy of the pattern
- Cigarette style pants made by you
- Matching thread
- 25cm regular dress zip
- 2.5 metres of fabric. We suggest a fabric that is medium weight with stretch
- 0.3 metres of iron on interfacing
✄✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to learn several more techniques
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.