Buy a Gift Voucher
Sew A Pair of Capri Pants ✄✄
Learn a lapped zip & use interfacing
In the Capri Pants workshop you will make a classic pair of cigarette style pants over eight hours.
With only 4 pattern pieces, this is a great choice to make if you have made one other simple item like an A line skirt. You will learn how to sew in a lapped zip, and finish the waist with a self faced yoke at the waist - perfect to tackle with a teacher's support. You will learn to use a regular zipper foot and finish seams with an overlocker.
Looking for style inspiration? Check out our Capri Pants Board.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Measurements and size selection, pattern placement, transferring markings, and cutting technique.
- Using overlockers to finish edges, using interfacing, how to sew the crotch seam.
- How to insert a lapped regular zip in the side and use overlockers.
- Instructions on making your pants
- A copy of the pattern
- Slim leg cigarette style pants made by you
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Matching thread
- 25cm regular dress zip
- 2 to 2.5 metres of mid weight woven fabric with stretch
- 0.3 metres of iron on interfacing
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our Simple A Line Skirt or PJ Pants
Woven fabric with a bit of stretch - cotton stretch sateen & stretch denim are great.
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/