Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew A Pair of Capri Pants
In the Capri Pants workshop you will make a classic pair of cigarette style pants over six hours.
With only 4 pattern pieces, this is a great choice to make if you have made one other simple item like an A line skirt. You will learn how to sew in a lapped zip, and finish the waist with a self faced yoke at the waist - perfect to tackle with a teacher's support. You will learn to use a regular zipper foot and finish seams with an overlocker.
Looking for style inspiration? Check out our Capri Pants Board.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Taking measurements and choosing the right size, pattern placement and transferring markings, cutting technique.
- Fusing interfacing, how to sew the crotch seam and finishing side seams.
- How to insert a lapped regular zip in the side and use overlockers.
- Instructions on making your pants
- A copy of the pattern
- Slim leg cigarette style pants made by you
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Matching thread
- 25cm regular dress zip
- 2 to 2.5 metres of mid weight woven fabric with stretch
- 0.3 metres of iron on interfacing
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our Simple A Line Skirt or PJ Pants
Woven fabric with a bit of stretch - cotton stretch sateen & stretch denim are great.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/