Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew a Cushion Cover Workshop
In the Cushion Workshop, you will make a cover to fit a 45cm/18" square cushion insert over 3 hours.
This is perfect for beginners, as you can select stable woven fabrics to work with. The cushion has straight sides and you will learn how to insert an invisible zip into the centre back seam. You will also learn you how to finish your fabric edges on the overlockers.
If you are confident and want a challenge bring along the optional trim and learn how to insert it into the seams of your cushion.
You can learn different styles to insert regular dress zips in these workshops:
- Change your life and learn to sew in an invisible zip!
- Finishing edges with an overlocker
- Intermediate students - challenge yourself with by inserting trims into your seams
- Confidence inserting invisible zips
- A handmade cushion
- Sewing instructions for many more cushion covers
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Matching sewing machine thread
- Optional - 2 metres of trim (with generous tapes)
- 45cm square cushion insert
- .5 metres of medium weight cotton woven fabric
- Matching 45cm+ closed end invisible zip
✄ Perfect for students who have completed our Sewing Basics Course
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/