Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Cushion Cover Making Workshop with invisible zip✄
Just a 3 hour workshop where you'll make a new cushion cover. Pop on into this class to create a cushion cover... with pom pom trim!!! You'll make a cushion to fit a 45cm/18" insert. Learn to insert an invisible zip and use an overlocker.
The photographed cushion include 2 metres of pink pom pom trim that has been inserted into the seams of one cushion and 1 metre of each a pink and green pom pom trim has been topstitched diagonally across the corners of the second sample cushion.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- How to insert trim into seams or top stitch on as a decorative detail
- How to place, trace and cut out pattern pieces
- How to finish straight seams with an overlocker and sewing an invisible zip
- Confidence inserting invisible zips
- A handmade cushion
- Sewing instructions for many more cushion covers
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2 metres of trim (with generous tapes)
- a 45cm square cushion insert
- .5 metres of medium weight cotton woven fabric
- a matching 45cm+ closed end invisible zip
✄ for students who have completed the Sewing Basics
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.