Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Leather Wristlet Workshop ✄
Over a three hour workshop you will sew a leather wristlet that is lined with a woven cotton, closes with a metal zip and your strap is detachable. . Functional enough to pop in your phone, cash, cards and some lippy. Or carry all those tech cords, your crochet hooks... the uses are endless. These also make a particularly great gift item. Students learn how to use a domestic sewing machine (just like you have at home) to work with light leather. Students will learn to use a walking foot attachment, learn how leather behaves, select the right needle and how to handle the tools to attach metal bag accessories.
The photographed wristlet was made by Laura and features a dyed doily decorative overlay.
You can buy leather and hardware when booking in - see the leather colours available by clicking on the above image.
Our machines are limited to softer light leathers. But you could also use denim, vinyl, upholstery weight fabrics, vintage fabrics... Let your inner designer go wild.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Tools, needles and techniques for leather
- How to insert a zip & lining in a wristlet
- How to work with leather
- A stylish wristlet to take home or gift
- Hardware will be supplied
- Full workshop notes
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 40cm x 40cm super cute cotton for lining (consider using your scrap fabric up, or up-cycle old clothing)
- 18cm zipper (antique brass will match the rest of the hardware supplied for you)
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 40cm x 40cm soft light leather/denim/canvas (saddle weight leather is not appropriate for this workshop)
✄ for students who have completed Sewing Basics and are confident enough to try new techniques and tricky leather
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.