Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Friday Night Sewcial
Usually held on the last Friday of the month from 6pm to 9pm, it's our Sewcial Night and it's FREE for Thread Den's Member.
Visitors pop in to work on course homework, finish workshop projects and tackle their UFOs. It's an ideal time to make a toile and get everyone's opinion. Trace off patterns on the big drafting/cutting tables... It's not exclusively sewing, bring in your knitting and crochet projects, hand sewing, embroidery. Hell, you can pop in just for a chat!
Friday Night Sewcials are free for Thread Den Members.
A night of sewing, creativity and skill-sharing for members who like to be with like minded creatives.
We put on some wine and everyone brings a small plate of food to share. Why not pop on your pinnie and whip up a plate of your own tasty treats to share?
These sessions are a social opportunity to be with like minded creatives, get some friendly assurance and general advice. For instruction on using sewing machines and overlockers look at our Private Lesson.
Not sure if your membership is still current? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll check for you.
- Time in a creative and collaborative space
- Wine served by your hosts
- The company of other creatives
- The opportunity to get some friendly advice and opinions
- A project you are working on
- A sweet or savoury plate of food to share
All crafts, all skill levels.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.