Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Understanding Dressmaking Measurements
A two hour workshop with game changing knowledge! We are going to help you understand how to make clothes that will fit and that you'll actually wear.
Sewing pattern sizes are not the same as retail sizes, we will teach you how to choose which size to make.
Learn how to take your measurements, understand sizing and ease.
- How & where to take measurements
- Work out the finished size, understand ease & decide which size to make
- How to blend between sizes
- A set of your own measurements for dressmaking
- An understanding of pattern sizing
- Detailed notes covering it all
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
Everyone! This is relevant to all sewing levels
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.