Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Taking and Understanding Your Measurements ✄
Want to make clothes that you'll actually wear?
Or maybe you've already had a sizing disaster and your not sure why. You are not on your own! Click here to read our post "Seriously Confused by Sewing Sizes?" and discover that you are in very good company. You can't just select the size you buy from fashion stores when choosing what size to make and we're going to help you understand why!
Join us for a workshop that is a total game changer. Only 2 hours that will take you from making stuff, to making clothes that you will wear.
- We will teach you how to take measurements accurately.
- Where to take measurements on your body.
- How to choose your size on the back of a pattern envelope.
- Discover how to work out finished garmet size.
- Understand what is "ease".
- Learn about the vast difference between retail sizing and dressmaking sizing.
- Get an idea of how you can adapt patterns to fit the fact that our bodies are all different sizes.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Two hours in duration
- How to take accurate measurements
- How to choose your size when sewing
- Understanding ease
- A set of your own measurements for dressmaking
- Game changing knowledge for your sewing!
- Detailed notes
- Notebook & pen
✄ Relevant to all sewing levels
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.