How to Understand Sewing Pattern Measurements
The what, where, why & how of taking measurements
This is a 2 hour workshop with game changing knowledge!
We are going to help you understand how to make clothes that will fit and that you'll actually wear.
When you pick up a sewing pattern envelope, you do not choose the size you buy at the shops. Sewing pattern sizes are not the same as retail sizes, we will explain it all and teach you how to choose which size to make.
We will take you through ease, how to assess the finished garment measurements, and learn how and where to take your measurements.
- How & where to take measurements
- Work out the finished size, understand ease & decide which size to make
- How to blend between sizes
- A set of your own measurements for dressmaking
- An understanding of pattern sizing
- Detailed notes covering it all
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
Everyone! This is relevant to all sewing levels
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/