Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
How to Understand Sewing Pattern Measurements
This is a 2 hour workshop with game changing knowledge!
We are going to help you understand how to make clothes that will fit and that you'll actually wear.
When you pick up a sewing pattern envelope, you do not choose the size you buy at the shops. Sewing pattern sizes are not the same as retail sizes, we will explain it all and teach you how to choose which size to make.
We will take you through ease, how to assess the finished garment measurements, and learn how and where to take your measurements.
- How & where to take measurements
- Work out the finished size, understand ease & decide which size to make
- How to blend between sizes
- A set of your own measurements for dressmaking
- An understanding of pattern sizing
- Detailed notes covering it all
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
Everyone! This is relevant to all sewing levels
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/