Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
3/4 Sleeve Top or Tee in Knit Fabric ✄✄
Over 6 hours, you make your choice of traditional unisex T Shirt or a 3/4 sleeve length blouse. As you make them you will learn about successful sewing with knit fabric.
Sewing with knit fabrics is fantastic. No need for buttons and zips! If you've given it a go and had skipped stitches, puckered seams and general frustrations - we'll help you understand where you were going wrong.
- When to use different machine stretch stitches.
- How to adjust your machine settings for a great result on knits.
- Learn to use the overlocker if desired
- Setup and sew with a twin needle
When choosing your fabric, please choose knit fabric with 2 way stretch. A nice choice is a blend of predominantly natural fibre with some synthetic, for example 95% Merino and 5% Spandex.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Understanding knit fabrics
- What are the stretch stitches & how to adjust machine settings for knit
- Knit tools; the right needles, overlockers, twin needles
- Experience using multiple stretch stitches and adjusting machine settings
- A copy of the pattern and detailed instructions
- A 3/4 sleeve top or traditional T shirt
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Polyester blend sewing machine thread - matching your fabrics
- 1.5metres of knit fabric with at least 50% stretch both horizontally & vertically
- *optional .2metres of knit fabric or ribbing for contrasting neck band
✄ Perfect for students who have completed our Sewing Basics Course and want to learn to sew with knit fabrics
This pattern is only suitable for knit fabric that stretches both horizontally & vertically: cotton blend jersey, interlock,
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/